Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Day At The Lake

Boerne Lake
the boat adventure

Too little sunscreen
















Today was our big Boerne Lake Day!  Our friends are here until tomorrow morning and we tried to give them a little slice of Boerne/San Antonio.  It has been a fun filled, action packed week of activities, ice cream, snow cones, and s'mores.  We did try and fit in a few regular meals as well.  Every day we slathered ourselves and the children in sunscreen and braved the heat.  Today was a different story of too little sun screen and too much fun.

The Rebels
Chloe's boat made it's first appearance today.  The purchase of a trailer this morning enabled the use of the boat.  After purchase, the guy that worked at the store hooked the trailer up to my car and I drove it home.  Coming in to the house I have a dip in the road.  A very large thud was heard and I figured I had gone too fast.  Leaving the house the same thing happened.  When we returned home in the evening, it hit again.  Thadd removed the trailer and realized the guy had not put the stand all the way up and it was now at a 45 degree angle.  Ugh!  The first day and I already wrecked the darn thing!

My Glitter Milker(we both have sequins on our shirts!)



This evening was one of my final milkings with my tiny helper.  She has milked with me every night since she arrived one week ago.  Often times Evie can be found at the barn waiting for me to arrive to milk and everyday she reminds me, "Don't milk without me!"  The chickens have also become quite fond of my little helper and they run to her when they see her coming toward them.  She always enjoys taking them treats and they really enjoy all of the attention.  Each egg she collects is like a special gift from heaven as she beams with excitement and rushes to show me the egg surprise.  Her enthusiasm is a reminder of the actual blessing the eggs and milk are to our family.  Having been a big chocolate milk drinker by brand only, Evie has taken a liking to goat chocolate milk.  She is trying to convince her mom to invest in a goat.  I certainly don't think that will be a reality in her backyard, but maybe in her basement!
My farm helper who will me missed!!

Today was a great day!  I am thankful for the beautiful weather and the beautiful water, but I am most thankful for the wonderful friends who came for a visit.(Day 168).  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment