Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!!

the gang
Although I didn't see my father today, I was able to have a fun filled day with the family.  I started the morning singing at a church service held on the green under the Berges Fest tent with my dear friend and peer from school.  I always enjoy the opportunity to sing worship!!  Arriving home the kids and my friends who are visiting were readying for our river adventure.

the turtle






     We headed off to the river, Comal River, to float the afternoon away.  During our float, Brett may or may not have found a Chicken Turtle for his turtle collection.  At one point during the float we almost lost a child to the vortex and another to be raised by turtles.  The second was a choice.

After our floating escapades I convinced my East Coast friends to make the rest of the drive to Lockhart for some BBQ.  A Texas visit is never complete unless you visit the Texas Capital Of BBQ.  Our friends aren't huge beef eaters, but they enjoyed the food.  I don't think they enjoyed the hour and forty-five minutes drive home after dinner, but the sighting of a zebra made the trip worthwhile.  Texas does have a large number of exotic ranches and luckily the zebra sighting made the trip seem shorter, even if only by five minutes.  There were moments of excitement when my friend's husband and I were drag racing(gross exaggeration) in our Yukon XL and minivan.  I must admit defeat.  His hotrod minivan smoked me!
brisket, ribs, sausage, chicken...YES PLEASE!

choices, choices, choices

BBQ is followed by Dairy Queen where the kids stuffed their faces with ice cream.  The adults also did some ice cream face stuffing!  Upon arrival, we rushed inside to watch the Spurs play and we switched back and forth between Spurs and Miss USA.  The Spurs won!!!!!  Miss Connecticut won!!!!!!  It was a good night in the Stricker home!!

I am thankful for a fantastic Father's Day adventure!(Day 164)  Goodnight Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment