Friday, June 7, 2013

The Main Event!!

National Doughnut Day
Watch OUT!!!
A friend of mine posted the sign that started my whole day.  The sign was a reminder to celebrate National Doughnut(Donut) Day!  I was prepared to go local until a friend informed me of the newest Dunkin' Donuts that opened up about forty minutes from my house.  If you know me, you might better understand my love affair with Dunkin' Donuts.  Some of you did pot, some of you drank alcohol in excess, and some of you even tried some serious drugs in college, but I did Dunkin' Donuts.  Every morning, EVERY, I drove thru for a large iced coffee, wicked light, wicked sweet.  Snow, rain, sleet, sunshine, the order was always the same, add a blueberry bagel with cream cheese and that was my breakfast.

Today, my donut dreams came true as we pulled up to the newly opened store with a car load of children, actually two car loads of children.  Eleven of us walked in and they took our very long and confusing order with a smile.  Three dozen donuts later, we felt like we had properly celebrated the little known holiday known as National Doughnut(Donut) Day.

OOOPS, the wall
We returned to the car to decide our next adventure.  The adventure we chose was something like Las Vegas, but for kids.  Bowling, laser tag, ropes course, video games, billiards, a restaurant and a bar all have a home inside of this place.  Some corporate group thought it would be a great idea to host a team bonding exercise and took  up a bunch of bowling lanes keeping the kids from bowling in a normal time frame.  I just wanted to get my bowl on and get the heck out of that place.  Some of you might recall my Las Vegas adventure in January.  Although the people I hung out with were awesome, LV has officially been checked off my bucket list for good.  I will likely return to Main Event, for the sake of my children.

We only had one incident the entire day.  During Laser Tag, I heard a terrible thud.  I waited for the sound of crying.  Nothing.  Five minutes later all of the kids emerging seemingly unharmed.  I looked at Brett who was struggling to return his vest and gun to the hook and realized he was the source of the THUD!  I told him that if any one asks how he got that he should say, "I was doing my stealth ninja work and I encountered the enemy.  He is now in the hospital."  He didn't think my idea was very good.

After a whole lot of fun, we decided it was time to eat.  Costco was close and cheap.  Two pizzas and ice cream later we headed west back to the farm.  Whew, we survived.  I am thankful we survived the sugar rush had by all nine children we had in tow.(Day 157).  Goodnight Friends.



ropes course

No comments:

Post a Comment