Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Regular Day



goose egg, or duck, or platypus







The goose egg we collected from the Boerne Mile is growing and becoming a goose.  It could be a duck.  I'm not sure what we have, but it is not a chicken.  I will be conducting my own little experiment when a day before it hatches I will place it under a broody chicken.  When it hatches it will see the chicken and think that is its mother, right?  A broody chicken is a chicken who refuses to lay eggs and instead sits on eggs all day hoping to become a mother.  It is very much like a woman in her thirties.  Although I had my two children before thirty, I have the eternal itch for more.  Well, since I turned thirty-one, wait, I'm only twenty-eight.  Please disregard the last couple statements.
seventeen eggs in one day!

The chickens decided to pump out the largest number of eggs on the hottest day of the year so far.  100 degrees equals 17 eggs.  Since they had fallen behind producing only 6-8 eggs a day, I was thankful for the abundance.  My friends who receive eggs have been a little upset with the lack of supply.

After a bunch of errand running we ended our afternoon by having linner(lunch/dinner) at P.F.Changs, again.  I'm not sure why my husband wanted to revisit the restaurant, but it was delicious, again.  I took a picture of Chloe and Thadd and see so much resemblance, but my friends strongly disagree.  I also find it frustrating that my husband keeps getting better looking and I just keep getting older.  Can someone please explain this concept to me??  
dinner!




The happy family, minus the male model.  Hmmm, I should've moved back a bit,
I look like I might jump out of the photo and eat you!

No comments:

Post a Comment