Thursday, June 27, 2013

Brett: The Worm

I was amazed at the eggs that arrived from the coop this evening.  I had two of each except for the tiny beige egg.  It makes for a lovely design when the chickens plan their laying so nicely.  I wonder if they have meetings about who will lay and who will be on strike.  Since I am only collecting six to twelve eggs a day and I have twenty-four(24) hens, I should be collecting 24 eggs a day.  I'm considering having a board meeting.
On his way home from work Thadd called and suggested we meet him at Dairy Queen.  I have a feeling any weight loss I've mastered up to now is going to fail by August.  He says, "Well, you don't actually have to eat anything."  Yeah, right.  Chloe made sure to have her favorite, a banana split.  I pray her metabolism never changes.   

I made a pit stop at Home Depot for some light bulbs while Brett cleaned the floor with his shirt.  He was sliding along the floor like a slug.  He also practiced this same move earlier at WalMart when we were making a return.  If you've ever returned something you might notice the camera mounted on the wall with the feed easily visible.  All of a sudden I look up at the television and Brett is on the floor behind me doing the army crawl all the way across the floor.  I pretend not to know him, but clearly he is my child as he yells, "Hey Mom, LOOK!!"

The rest of the day was filled with laundry and chores around the house.  After my two store visits it was clear I would be unable to take Brett anywhere else for the remainder of the day.  Mostly for my sanity.  I am thankful to live in a small town where a child wriggling like a worm on the floor doesn't seem weird.  Wait, maybe it is weird and they just keep walking and nodding their head.  Oh well. (Day 174).  Goodnight Friends.  Tomorrow Grandma Patti comes to town so I expect much adventuring.  Stay tuned...



Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment