Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Kittens and S'mores and Goats, Oh My!

One baby sits and then the
others like to join.  You can see Cherry
Blossom(right) starting to walk over.
I roll out of bed at 7:25am and wonder why the sun is so bright.  I convince myself to go milk a goat returning in time for the children to be mostly awake.  I call the doctor and report the violent regurgitation experienced by Chloe last night and I am told by the nurse to try it again to make sure the antibiotic is the culprit and it wasn't just something she ate.  I make breakfast, scrambled eggs for me and Brett and a fried egg yolk only for Chloe and toast for everyone except me.  They eat their food and I administer the antibiotic.

Less than an hour later I am laying on Ruby's bed(Border Collie) in my bathroom watching Chloe empty the contents of her stomach in to the toilet.  Before she is completely finished I call the doctor to inform them of the adverse reaction and ask for a different medication.  The sound of Chloe plays like background music.
Marshmallow INSIDE the piece of chocolate
in the S'more Blizzard!  DELICIOUS!



They promptly change the medication and call in the prescription.  The rest of the day Chloe eats without event.  Whew!

I had plans with a friend to take the kids swimming today and so swimming we would go.  I wasn't worried that Chloe wasn't feeling well and neither was she.  She packed her bag and sunscreen and readied for her swim outing.  We swam for three hours before returning home to recover and clean.  I didn't clean like I planned, instead I went to the barn and played with baby animals.  When you live out here and also manage to work, it gets hard to find time to sit and love on the babies.  With the flea problem under control I was able to have kitten cuddle time, baby goat cuddle time, and even some chicken cuddle time.  Sadly, I did deliver a rooster to a friend's house because of his unruliness.  She was very happy to have him.   He is quite handsome with his brilliant red comb, white and gold plumage and onyx and green tail feathers.

I had a friend visit for a while and we talked about life, love and the pursuit of happiness; a very good day indeed.  The evening arrived and I fed the kids.  Thadd called to see if we wanted to meet at Dairy Queen.  We load in the car, Brett, Chloe, Ruby, Buster, and me.  Brett sits in the backseat and the ENTIRE drive complains about the smell of the dogs to the point of tears.  The dogs don't smell THAT terrible.  I guess now I have the perfect punishment for the next time he acts like a MONSTER!!  Lock him in the car with the DOGS!!!!!!!  Oh wait, did I just consider child abuse?

Boots having cuddle time.
They all joined me to cuddle.
We arrive at Dairy Queen where Chloe orders the S'more Blizzard, Brett orders the chocolate deluxe cookie dough blizzard and Thadd orders a banana split.  After dessert, Thadd and the kids order tacos.  Seriously?  TACOS AT DAIRY QUEEN?  I roll my eyes and promise myself a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich when I get home.  As of yet, I have not eaten it.  Maybe tomorrow.  I administer the new antibiotic and pray for no reaction.  So far it has been two hours without a reaction.  I think this one is going to work!

I am thankful for baby animal cuddle time.(Day 159)  Goodnight Friends!  Oh and GO SPURS GO!


No comments:

Post a Comment