Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Full Day and A Fire

The day started with a free summer movie at the Palladium with one million other children.  We continued the fun on to Whataburger/Chick-fil-A and ended up at Fiesta Texas.  The past two nights have been a sleep fail for me resulting in tossing and turning and a miserable headache the following day.  I promised to take the kids to Six Flags Fiesta Texas so there was no way for me to back out.  I took a decongestant and Tylenol to help me make it through the day.  It didn't work.

By the time four o'clock arrived I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or go to sleep.  The kids were tired too, thankfully!  We stopped and ate at Wing Stop after dropping Chloe's friend off at dance class.  On the drive home I was having visions of my bed dancing in my head!  Once home I showered and got in bed for the next two hours until my husband arrived.  I dragged myself out of bed and did farm chores consisting of milking and watching my husband burn things.  Tired of the smell of smoke, I retreated to my bed where I watched the end of the movie I started watching last night before the internet and cable stopped working.  If you haven't seen the movie Parental Guidance, it is a must see.

The sun was nearing its set signaling me to send Chloe to lock up the chickens.  The door opens and closes and opens and SLAMS!!  Chloe runs to my room screaming FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!  We all jump out of our comfy spots and race out the door.  The pear burner must have gotten a little cozy with the cedar fence.  OOOPS!  I considered making s'mores on the fire, but Thadd grabbed the hose.  Brett says, "Mom, take a picture of that for your blog!"


Today was a fun day!  I'm tired and I still have incredible sinus pain and a headache, but the kids had fun.  As far as summer goes, I think we are getting it all in!  I am thankful for the ability to go and play and do all sorts of fun things.  Today, when I was in Target buying MORE sunscreen, one of the kids said, "Target is my least favorite place."  To that child I replied, "Fiesta Texas is my least favorite place in the whole world and I'm still taking you."  The rest of the ten  minutes spent in Target were happy minutes thanks to the understanding we had from that "bonding moment."  As much as I moan and complain about going to amusement parks, I consider myself blessed to be able to go.  Tonight Chloe asked me, "Mom, would you like the waterpark better if we were the only ones there?"  Without hesitation I replied, "YES!"

Tomorrow is rest day and figure out something for this headache day.  I am thankful for the fun had by all today.(Day 172).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment