Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fleas or Frogs?

baby frog infestation
The day started early with no sleep again last night.  I think I finally figured out that my thyroid is acting up and causing the insomnia.  Blood test pending.  In the mean time we went frog hunting and grocery shopping.  We got frogs at a friend's house, apricot addiction at the grocery store and a kitten from the barn.  Explorer refused to face the camera, but I did hold him down and bathe him in Dawn soap to try and remove the infestation of fleas adorning his tiny kitten body.  The Frontline Plus isn't making any headway toward a flea free body for the baby kittens, but Dawn soap kills on impact!!
I think everyone in the Texas Hill Country is dealing with a serious flea infestation and if you aren't you are LYING!  I prefer a baby frog infestation to the fleas, but God didn't give me a choice.  Brett also prefers the baby frog plague.

The grocery store offered delicious fruits and vegetables.  Brett is an apricot fanatic and when he found these tiny apricots he thought he had entered CANDYLAND!!  I try and fill my house with fruits and veggies to avoid my kids eating junk all day long.  For example, today I ate three melons.  I may or may not have moderation issues.


The night ended with dinner with my husband's work friends and coming home to a clean kitchen compliments of my babysitter!  I think I will keep her!  When I went down to the barn for milking time I tried to take a picture of Explorer's face.  I washed all of his fleas off of him at around 4pm and by 9pm they started to find a spot on him again.  I hate fleas!  Sounds like a bath is in his future tomorrow!  The vet suggested I spray the inside and outside of my barn for fleas.  Hmmmmm. should I spray the entire property?  How about the county?  Yeah, not likely.  

It is finally time for bed.  Let's see what tonight brings.  Sleep or no sleep.  Tomorrow will be another lazy day of cleaning house and visiting the doctor.

I am thankful for soft, flea free, kitten fur (Day 173).  Goodnight Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment