Monday, April 29, 2013

Chicken Mystery Solved

I was cleaning out the chicken coop and discovered the cause for my red chicken's illness.  When the raccoon came and killed my other chicken it must have tried to get this chicken first.  She had a deep wound in the side of her back that I discovered yesterday when I was giving her a full body inspection. I guess it never entered my mind she was injured as I focused primarily on her having an egg stuck in her egg laying area.

no injury
injury




We also painted Chloe's beehive this weekend.  I believe we will be receiving our bees sometime next week and we want to make certain the bees won't be bothered by the smell of fresh paint.  Chloe wants to personalize the hive with flower and bug details on the sides.  We will see how much time we have to do all of these little projects before the actual bee delivery.

The kittens are growing and wandering around the barn.  Sometimes if you sneak up on them, they hiss.  Oh how I love tiny kittens, but now I have to worry about the dangers they might find in the barn.    The mice that live around the barn are tiny, so they shouldn't pose too much of a problem unless they befriend the kittens; that would be trouble.

It is a regular Monday except for the air conditioner that decided to break, again.  I am enjoying the rain and the beautiful thunder and lightning.  I am not enjoying Brett's naked self wandering the house in search of random "lost" articles.  I think it is time to send him to bed.    I guess it rivals Chloe's discussion of the 4th Grade Annual Tongue Test.  It involves sticking your tongue out as far as possible to be measured.  Longest Tongue gets a prize.  Interesting.

I am thankful for the rain.(Day 122).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment