Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Busy Sunday and More Babies

One of the newest neighbor triplets

We were very busy today, but my neighbor's goat was busier!  Serenity, the goat, delivered triplets this evening while we were at the movies.  Who was looking at their cell phone text messages of baby goats during the movie?  Yeah, it was me.  All three of the babies are fawn colored with white markings.  She now has two sets of triplets and one set of twins.












Yesterday I failed to mention I unknowingly burned my injured rooster's eye.  I set a heat lamp up for him and at some point he hit his eye against a part of it that caused him to burn his eye.  Now he has terrible depth perception due to a head injury, unequally dilated pupils, a burned eye, walks with a limp and snores.  Poor Fighting Irish.
my rooster's burned eye











Since Marsha had her babies, Scratchy has been very lonely.  She doesn't want to play with him and she won't let him hang around her and her babies.  I feel badly for him, but he has found a home outside the chicken coop where the chickens seem to enjoy his company.  
Marsha and her babies











I'm still waiting for Pip to have her babies and Charlie still sits outside the stall making sure his "girls" are ok.  The afternoon Belle had her babies, Charlie freaked out and tried to bust down the gate.  He couldn't see her from outside the paddock but thought she was in distress.  Turns out she was having her babies.  Today I let him hang out with the babies.  He stood still while they rubbed against his leg and tried to nurse on his thigh.  He is a good uncle pony.
Charles standing vigil at Belle's gate.
Babies are under the light in the corner.


My husband convinced me to go to Jurassic Park 3D this evening.  The kids kept their glasses so they could "look smart."  For all of you who ever thought people would think you were "uncool" for wearing glasses were quite wrong.  I must say, I also feel smarter with my glasses even though I wear contacts every day.  I'm WAY SMARTER in glasses.
I posted their pictures below so you can see how incredibly SMART my kids are now.  Chloe thinks the Harvard sweatshirts adds a bit more "weight" to her case.

I am thankful for a restful, but busy Sunday.  I am also incredibly thankful for spending Friday night with my aunt and her family for dinner. (Day 106).  Goodnight Friends.  I STILL have one more pregnant goat....WAITING AND WAITING.



No comments:

Post a Comment