Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Brett: The Entomologist

These are favorite caterpillar plants to move to the
 different habitats
It is Spring time and that means Brett collects caterpillars from throughout the yard and creates habitats for each one of them.  He goes on the internet and identifies the caterpillar and then builds a habitat including all of the necessary food items for each specimen.

habitats
The last few days we have not had any homework which frees Brett up to play and play and play.  He runs in and out capturing the caterpillars and creating homes, all while wearing disposable medical gloves.  I didn't manage to get a picture of him with his gloves on this evening, but I'll remember to take one tomorrow.












Everyone is free to roam and forage this week.  When the babies get too tired they wander back to the barn for a nap.  Keeping up with all of these babies and farm jobs is starting to feel like a full time job.  Thadd decided I finally need to buy or build a goat milking stand.  I think he realized the bruises all over my body from trying to do Cirque du Soleil milking were starting to look like I had an abusive husband.  Between flushing the pony's eyes with saline daily and upside down goat milking, I could either charge admission or offer Crossfarm classes.  Stay tuned for my collection of Crossfarm workout videos coming to Best Buy soon.

For now, it is time for bed.  I am thankful for a son who is thrilled with the beauty God placed on this earth (Day 113).  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment