Saturday, May 4, 2013

What Kind Of Children Do You Have?

Today as I was thinking about why my son thought it would be a good idea to watch a video about hallucinogenic frogs, I realized you doesn't really read well.  Upon watching the video I also began to understand why he watched the video.  The frog is quite beautiful.  He showed me the frog and asked if he could have a frog, "like this."  From a distance I saw a colorful frog and replied, "No."  Thadd walked in the door and as he approached the computer he realized the caption, "Tripping on Hallucinogenic Frogs."  Upon greater inspection, it is meant to be a documentary on the frog, but STILL!!

The whole situation made me think about children.  Some people have artsy kids and others have one of each; some have trouble-makers and others have perfect children who are smart, attractive and without blemish.  I'm not sure exactly what I have quite yet except they are loads of work and fun.  One of my children has a very strong moral compass and the other child wants to see how far he can push the boundaries.  Some days being a parent is exhausting and other days I can't imagine why I didn't have twelve.  The other day Chloe want to watch "19 and Counting" about the Duggar Family.  I remember when they were first on the news.  They have grown since the days of thirteen kids and I just don't understand why any woman would want to use her uterus nineteen times.  More importantly, I can't imagine organizing nineteen children.  You have to be more than a mom; you have to be a business woman.

Tonight as I lay my head on my pillow I will pray for my children like I do every night.  I won't pray for them to be perfect or even for them to avoid tripping on hallucinogenic frogs, I will pray that they will love God with all their hearts and grow up to be honest, hard working, compassionate and loving, and passionate about serving the Lord.  It may be an easy ride or a treacherous journey, but I pray for them to arrive safely on the other side.

I am thankful for the gift of Chloe and Brett(Day 126).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment