Saturday, July 20, 2013

Treasure Hunt

Yesterday while grocery shopping with my mom and kids, Brett and my mom got lost.  Chloe and I managed to meet a really fascinating man in the condiment aisle while search for just the right BBQ sauce.  He had the greatest stories and seemed like a fun guy.  I was hoping my mom would find us at some point so she might be able to meet this super fun guy.  Any man who decides to go to bull riding school at age 69 is someone everyone needs to know!

During our conversation, I hear, "Mimi Starnes, Please come to the Business Office desk."  I excuse myself from the conversation and give him a smile and a handshake.  I walk over to the business office and scold my mom for not finding me as I've met the perfect guy for her!!  I sent her to find him in the store and instructed her to invite him to dinner.  Later I asked her if she was not aware that thirteen years ago I got married and had a different last name.  She shrugged her shoulders.

Tonight he drove up with his service dog, Buddy, in tow.  We had a great dinner and fun conversation. Although my mom and our dinner visitor have many, many things in common, they are not a match, AT ALL.  His company was enjoyable and we have found a new friend in Boerne.  During our dinner, Thadd discovered a nest of eggs.  I have been so concerned with the days of few eggs and I know we had recently been feeding them all sorts of treats.  I have been perplexed by our few eggs and find great comfort in finding this bush nest.

Tonight was a great night shared with great conversation and a basket full of eggs.  I am thankful for the egg treasure hunt and the enjoyable dinner conversation. (Day 192).  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment