Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

At 6:30am, Chloe and I left Boerne to 57 degree temperatures.  I was so chilly this morning, I got dressed and then put on my big winter bathrobe.  I know, excessive.  Still, it was a lovely and cool respite compared to the crazy high temperatures of last week.  At the airport, she walked the concourse confidently with her bag in tow and a vanilla chai tea latte in hand and her unaccompanied minor creds hanging around her neck.  Not a care in the world.

At 1pm I received an "all clear" text of a photo of Chloe walking through the gate at her destination.  It will be a restful five days of fun and spoiling.  There is nothing like an aunt and uncle visit to remind her that she has an option if she decides to run away from home.  She enjoys the "only child" treatment and they enjoy having a child they can see twice a year for a week.  I imagine when she leaves they lay in bed and talk about how much work it is to be a parent!  Next year I'm considering sending Brett!  They likely won't make it a week or a day.

Brett remains quite happy in Laredo.  Along with the fishing, he had a visit with Grandma Alex and Grandpa Melvin who bought him a tree frog.  The original story was more similar to, "We went hiking and in an abandoned house we found a tree frog."  Later the truth came out, he was purchased from a pet store.

Some of you may recall my father's shenanigans from previous Facebook posts.  He is the original pet buying offender in the family.  He bought Chloe her first hamster.  The hamster was pregnant, it had babies, ate the babies and then died.  We were then required to buy her another hamster.  Like I said a few days ago, grandparents make their own rules.  I used to fight their rules and get all worked up.  The truth is, I gave up.  I can't wait to break all of Chloe and Brett's parental rules when I'm a grandparent!! Is it bad to be excited?

The evening ended with a movie with my honey.  I have a feeling we will be at the movies every night this week.  I even had time to have four cats fixed, my annual manicure and pedicure, and a twenty minute nap.  I think I might send both of my children away more often so I can get the cats fixed, I mean, wait, a twenty minute nap.

I am thankful for grandparents, aunt and uncles who find it valuable enough to spend time with my children.(Day 178).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment