Friday, July 19, 2013

Love is...

Have you ever gotten mad at someone for something they did that was actually nothing wrong and you were the problem?  I hate when I have to admit to being the problem.  Sadly, I am the problem way more often than the solution.  Yesterday I had a huge fight over something that was a problem I created.  After talking and crying and crying and talking and blowing my nose a thousand times I came to realize my mistake.  It was actually ALL MY fault.

This morning I woke up, saddened by my ridiculous display.  I apologized to the only person in this world who knows all of my flaws and still chooses to wake up next to me every day.  He graciously hugged me and acted as if I had not had a huge tantrum the night before.  He even made me coffee and let the animals out.  He likely will never speak of the argument again and will never use it to embarrass me or upset me or as "ammunition" in a fight.  The man I married plays fair.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

New International Version (NIV)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

I am thankful for a husband who does not allow his tongue to be a sword but instead restraint. (Day 191).  Goodnight Friends.  May all of us be as the scripture says, LOVING.

No comments:

Post a Comment