Monday, July 1, 2013

Cupcakes and Beer


Bird Bakery on Broadway
Today Chloe and I ran errands and drove all the way to Bird Bakery in Alamo Heights for a tasty treat.  Normally, I would  NOT go so far for a treat, wait, that is a lie.  My dad used to drive or fly us all over the place on a whim.  If he wanted dinner in San Antonio we jumped in the car and drove three hours each way.  I guess I get this weird food driving fetish from him.  A friend asked if I saw the famous owners at the bakery.  I'm the last person to ask.  I remember one time asking Popovich, "Why do you look so familiar?"  My husband later clued me in.  We are all JUST people.

I know, you want to know what I thought of the cupcakes????  Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I got a mini key lime pie instead.  It was delicious.  I forgot to take a photograph of it before I devoured it.  I even shared it with my friend's cat.  She thought it was tasty, too.  Chloe got a lemon bar.  Next time I will try their gluten free cupcake.  I think this place stands out since their cupcakes have a perfect amount of icing.  The recent trend at most cupcake joints is to fill the cupcake with something and then pile on  six inches of icing.  I find those cupcakes OFFENSIVE.  Bird Bakery even offers tiny cupcakes that you can purchase in six or twelve packaged in egg cartons.  I will return to try their food, soon.  For now, I leave you with a lovely photograph of a lovely place.  The rest of the day was quiet and uneventful.  I wonder if my mom actually bought beer for my son?  If so, there are likely greater stories down in Laredo than on the farm!!
I am thankful for the quiet moments with my daughter to remind me how truly blessed I am.(Day 177). Goodnight Friends.

CLICK HERE to see Bird Bakery's most recent appearance on Good Morning America!  Thank you to my friend Valerie Perales-Gonzalez for sending me this movie.

Please note:  My mom has never bought beer in her life and I truly doubt she would do so for her seven year old grandson.  Although, a week with Brett might make you do strange things!

No comments:

Post a Comment