Thursday, July 4, 2013

Not Your Garden Variety

Brett returned today with his new frog Mr. White-ee(How do you spell this correctly?) and we did farm chores.  There were trips to all of the important places, Sears, Home Depot, HEB, and Tractor Supply.  In some cases there was more than one visit to the above named places.  On one of the visits, in which I did not accompany the boys, Thadd bought Brett a utility knife.  Another one.  When I arrived from buying groceries I was greeted by a little boy with a sharp knife.





We arrived home to prepare some delicious naan whole wheat bread pizzas with the bounty from the garden.  Eggplant, basil, onion and tomatoes all sorts of deliciousness were found hiding in the garden. My squash was also found, dead.  I'm, not sure what happened to the squash, but all of the plants are completely shriveled and dead.

This week I received my farm trailer plates.  The next time I wheel the trailer around it will be with my fancy new plates.  I am also considering getting personalized plates for my Yukon XL.  I'm thinking GOATLVR or KTNLVR or CRZLDY would all serve me quite well.  STRKRFM is also a good one.    I would love to hear some of your license ideas?!?

This evening it was very calm and quiet at my house with Lynn, my mom, and neighbors sitting on my patio stairs watching fireworks all over the hill country.  Independence Day, indeed.  Happy 4th of July and may you enjoy a safe and fun-filled weekend.  I am thankful for the delicious garden treats and the visitors who made the fireworks show more fun. (Day179)  Goodnight Friends.
Chloe sends love from Washington DC

No comments:

Post a Comment