Friday, May 10, 2013

Rain or Shine

The day seemed normal.  I awoke at 6am to milk Seraphina and was welcomed with a deluge.  Good morning to me!  I stood at the window and contemplated putting on my rain boots and sloshing through the storm to milk my sweet Sera and realized I would have to schedule the milking for a couple hours later when the weather subsided.  The weather subsided near noon and I took the time to rush home from work to milk her.


After school Brett and I suited up in the bee suits to tend to the bees.  We opened the hive, refilled the feeding frame and checked all the frames.  It was great to see all the bees hustling around.  They weren't thrilled by our visit, but they let us rummage around.  The smoker we brought with us failed so we were stuck with frustrated bees.  We worked quickly and we returned to the house without event.

The evening held the school's annual benefit performance for the middle and high school students.  I was asked to run the lights.  I'm not sure why they thought I would be good at running lights, but I survived with only a few mishaps.  I let Chloe do my hair and she parted in down the middle.  I was identified as Cher by more than three people.  I think I will avoid parting my hair in the middle EVER again.

Tomorrow we will make cheese with all of the milk floating around in my refrigerator.  Tomorrow is also the day that the Viking and Fat Lion make the debut.  I am thankful for a beautiful day filled with both rain and sunshine.  (Day 133).  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment