Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!!

God Bless America
I spent the early part of the morning watching all of the Memorial Day news coverage with parades, dedications, singing and prayer.  I always think of my many family members who have served or are still serving in the military and also for those who's lives were lost to maintain our freedom.  It was a reflective start to the day in memory of the great sacrifice made by our soldiers.

The afternoon arrived quickly as we drove out to the Safari Wildlife Ranch drive through in Garden Ridge, Texas.  It was not the adventure I remember as a child, but it was very much as adventure to my children.  The speed limit is 5mph while I was dreaming of my husband driving about 20mph.  Unfortunately, the line was very long and there were all sorts of people feeding the animals out of their hands which was posted as a NO NO.  I was reminded of this rule breakage every moment by Chloe with Brett filming himself escaping from the animals in the distance.  The phone nearly crashed with the immense file size of Brett's videos.  Lynn and I sat in the third row seat watching all the fun unravel.

over fed and bored
After the drive through we headed north to Lockhart to eat some delicious BBQ.  When we arrived there was a van load of incredibly drunk people.  I considered videotaping them making fools of themselves throughout our dinner, but I instead told Chloe to watch them and understand why I am not an advocate of drunks.  "I know Mom, either drink responsibly or don't drink at all."  Brett wanted to know why there was a girl and a guy in the stall in the men's bathroom when he abruptly ran out of the bathroom announcing, "There is a girl in the bathroom and she isn't little.  I don't think that was her dad either."  I said, "Maybe she needed to go really badly."  Ugh.  At one point, one of the guys had to walk a girl to the bathroom because she couldn't walk a straight or even moderately direct line to the bathroom.  He rolled his eyes while he waited for her.  I struck up a conversation with him and he was equally annoyed by the drunkenness, but was happy to make sure they all got home safely.  Good guy.

delicious beef ribs
There is nothing, NOthing, NOTHING attractive about a very drunk girl hanging all over every guy within her grasp and drooling all over the place.  Ok, I'm off my soapbox, for now.  We returned home to all of the chores.  The eggs got collected and incubated for the arrival of our friends in mid-June.  I want to make sure they get the full farm experience with baby chicks and all.

I am so very thankful for the many soldiers who have fought for my freedom and I extend my most sincere gratitude to the families who have lost their loved ones in order for me to live in the land of the free.(Day 147)  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment